November 02, 2018 12:00PM SAST
Effective Date: November 7, 2018
We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through the means outlined within this policy. I-Exchange Mining Inc. is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. We take a proactive approach to users' privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of our users. This website complies with the Data Protection Act of 2003.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the Republic of South Africa. Please read it carefully.
This Policy was last updated on November 7, 2018.
It is imperative that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current at all times. Otherwise, this will impair our ability to provide you with the availability of our Platform (amongst other potential and salient issues). Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
The Data Protection Act states that the personal information we may collect or retain about you must be:
1. Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
2. Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
3. Accurate and kept up to date.
4. Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
5. Kept safely and securely.
6. Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes explained herein.
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual who can be identified. It does not include data where an individual cannot be identified (anonymous data). We collect all the information you provide to us, such as when you register for an account on our Services (“I-Exchange Mining Account”), make Deposits or Withdrawals from your I-Exchange Mining Account, Sign Up to receive our Email updates, Fill out a form, Complete a survey, Receive Customer care service, or when you otherwise communicate with us. This information may include, but is not limited to: Your own Personal data such as your first, middle, and last name, phone number, email address, photograph, physical address, date of birth, state and country of residency, username, password, social security number or other government ID number and photograph of government-issued identification information (including driver’s license and/or passport information)-if necessary. Financial Data such as certain digital currency information, including external wallet addresses would be required. Below we have outlined them individually for better explanation:
1. Form information: This is information about you (such as your name, address, email address, shipping address details, cryptocurrency wallet addresses, mobile phone number and alias) that you give us when filling in forms during registeration or using our services, and digital content whether on our website or elsewhere. This could include, for example, forms which you complete to register for our services or place an order for withdrawal.
2. Emails and records of other contact: This is information you provide when you contact us (for example by email, post or SMS) or when you respond to correspondence from us. This may include enquiries about our services, support tickets, suggestions, follow-up comments or complaints.
3. Technical information: This is information about you which is collected via technical means such as your IP address, cookies, webpage counters and other analytics tools.
4. Visitor information to any of our offices: We collect information about visitors to our premises. We may record information on your visit, including the date and time, the reason you are visiting, who you are visiting, your name, contact details and vehicle registration number. If you have an accident at our premises, this may include an account of your accident.
5. CCTV: We operate CCTV at our premises which may record you and your activities. We display notices to make it clear that surveillance is in operation.
6. Employee information: If you work for one of our customers, suppliers or business partners, the information we collect about you may include your contact information, details of your employment and our relationship with you.
7. Information we receive from third parties: As well as the information listed above, we may also receive the following types of personal information about you from the following sources:
1. Our other channels: This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services or products we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share those data internally and combine it with data collected on this website. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share and combine your data.
2. Our service providers: We work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers and credit reference agencies) who may provide us with information about you.
3. Credit information: We may also collect credit information on you from third party reference agencies.
4. Businesses we have bought: If we have acquired another business, or substantially all of its assets, which originally held your information, we will hold and use the information you provided to them, or which they otherwise held about you, in accordance with this privacy notice.
8. Any feedback or suggestions you provide to us about our Services: Information provided in any of our Support channels (Customer care) or other communications channels; and any other information you provide to us or authorize us to access or collect from or using a third party.
When you use our Services, we automatically collect information about you as follows:
1. Transaction Information: We collect and store transaction details related to your use of our Services, including information about your I-Exchange Mining Account balances, deposits, withdrawals, order activity, and any other transactions that you conduct or attempt to conduct through our Services.
2. Log Information: We collect standard server logs in connection with your use of our Services, that may include the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed and IP address.
3.Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device that you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, browser version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
4. Location Information: We may collect and use information to identify the location from which the services are being accessed, from in connection with providing our services.
5. Information Collected by Tracking Technologies: We may use various technologies to collect information in connection with the use of our Services. The technologies we use include the following:
1. Mobile device identifiers, which are used on mobile devices and perform functions similar to cookies and pixel tags; and
2. Cookies, which are small files that are sent to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies allow our Services to recognize your browser and track your usage each time you visit. You can usually decline or remove cookies through your browser, but doing so may interfere with your use of Services; and
3. Local storage, which stores data locally in your browser, including user preferences; and
4. Pixel tags, which are small blocks of code often used in connection with cookies. Pixel tags (or web beacons) may be placed on our websites and emails, and allow us to track website usage, including to determine when emails have been opened and acted upon.
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
Provide, maintain, and improve the services you request, process transactions, and send you related information, including confirmations, receipts, and requests for authorizations, Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages; Resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, and provide customer service; Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by I-Exchange Mining , and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you; Prevent and investigate violations of our terms and protect the rights and property of I-Exchange Mining and others; Measure, analyze and monitor trends, activities, and usage of the Services; Conduct anti-fraud, Identity verification, Sanctions screening, and other Screening procedures; Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content, or features that match user profiles or interests; Facilitate contests, promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards; Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs, provide you with better service, and facilitate our anti-fraud, identity verification, sanctions screening, and other screening procedures; and Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
1. Common uses of your information: We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to do so. Most commonly, we will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
1. Where we need to perform the Smart Contract we have entered into with you.
2. Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
3. Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and rights do not override those interests.
4. We may also use your personal information where we need to protect your interests (or someone else’s interests) or where it is needed in the public interest although these circumstances are likely to be rare.
2. Specific examples of ways in which we may use your personal information include:
1. Website administration: We may use technical information, information about your visit to our website, cookie data, content and other information gathered about your participation in discussion boards or other functions on our website. We use this as necessary for our legitimate interests in administering our website and to ensure it operates effectively and securely.
2. Website advertising: We, or third party advertisers, may serve adverts on you. Where those adverts are targeted, this may involve using technical information, information about your visit to our website, cookie data and information we (or our third party advertisers) have obtained from third parties. More information is available in our Cookie Notice below. This won’t include information such as your name or contact details. Where our adverts are displayed to you using your information, your information is used as necessary for our legitimate interests in marketing to you.
3. Customer Administration: We may use information about you including form information, content and other information you provide to us or which we collect about you as necessary to carry out our Smart Contracts with you, and for our legitimate interests in administering your account and any subscriptions or competitions we operate, as well as to review and improve our offerings, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
4. Direct Marketing: We may send direct postal or electronic marketing to you using your contact details and information you have provided us. We use this as necessary for our legitimate interests in marketing to you and maintaining a list of potential customers. If you are not acting as a business and have not provided your contact details directly to us in relation to our products or services, we will only send electronic marketing to you if you have consented to that marketing. We will always provide an “opt-out” option on any marketing messages we send you. If you “opt-out” of our marketing materials you will be added to our suppression list to ensure we do not accidentally send you further marketing messages.
5. CCTV Information and Visitor Information: We may use CCTV information and visitor information as necessary for our legitimate interests in administering your visit, ensuring site security and visitor safety, and administering parking.
6. Job Applications: If you apply for a position with us, we hold and use information on you. This will include information you provide to us in your application, as well as opinion information on you from any referrers you provide. We may also obtain criminal record and identity verification information from reference agencies. We use this as necessary to enter into an employment contract with you, and for our legitimate interests in evaluating candidates and recording our recruitment activities, and as necessary to exercise and perform our employment law obligations and rights.
7. Former Employees: If you used to work for us as a Consultant or hold any other relevant positions, your information will be used in accordance with our employee privacy notice. If you are a former employee or contractor and require a copy of this, please do not hesitate to contact us.
3. If you fail to provide personal information: If we have (or are entering into) a Smart Contract with you, and you fail to provide certain information when requested, we may not be able to perform (or enter into) that contract, or we may be prevented from complying with our legal obligations.
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it as set out in this notice, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
We automatically monitor use of our services for the purposes of fraud detection.
We collect information from other affiliated and non-affiliated third parties and we may associate that with the information we collect about you. For example, in connection with your creation of an I-Exchange Mining Account or to enable your transactions, we may work with third party service providers to conduct identity verification and other screening procedures, including screening to verify that you are eligible to use our Services.
We may share your personal information with other entities in our group as part of our regular reporting activities on company performance, in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise, for system maintenance support and hosting of data.
All our third-party service providers and other entities in the group are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal information for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal information for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
With service providers that perform services on our behalf, including identity verification services, sanctions screening services, fraud prevention services, and email marketing services. These service providers may create derivative data based on your personal information to conduct services on our behalf and may conduct their own searches of publicly available information about you in order to verify your identity or authenticate your information. You may in some cases provide information directly to those services providers acting on behalf of I-Exchange Mining , for example, to verify your identity before your I-Exchange Mining account can be fully enabled.
You agree that any such service provider may share with I-Exchange Mining all information provided by you or created about you. To the extent required to complete transactions through your I-Exchange Mining Account e.g. with other I-Exchange Mining users with whom you are affiliated with or third parties for their own services and marketing purposes, unless you opt out of this type of sharing by sending an email to [email protected]
To comply with a legal request or to protect our rights or the rights of other users, including; To comply with an applicable law or regulation, or in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation, or legal process; To protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, or other liability; and
To protect the rights, property, and safety of all I-Exchange Mining Members.
In connection with a proposed or actual sale, merger, transfer, or exchange of all or a portion of our digital assets to another company; between and among I-Exchange Mining and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership; and with your consent, including if we notify you that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Due to our strict security measures, we would not disclose the exact location of where your information is being stored. However, where required to perform our contract with you or for our wider business purposes, the information that we hold about you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside S.A, UK and the EU. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the UK and EU who work for us or for one of our service providers. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal information is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy notice. We may transfer data to countries outside of the UK and the EU which the EU does not consider to have an adequate data protection regime in place. Where we do this, we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are put in place.
We have put in place measures to protect the security of your information. Details of these measures are available upon your request. Third parties will only process your personal information on our instructions and where they have agreed to treat the information confidentially and to keep it secure.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality and legal action.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where necessary.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such information without further notice. However, we generally disregarded any sensitive personal information about you, immediately your Smart Contract with us ends.
Account Information: You may access and update your I-Exchange Mining Account profile information by logging into your Account via our Services. When you close your I-Exchange Mining Account or otherwise cease your relationship with us, we may retain certain information as required by law or for our legitimate business purposes (like historical transaction information). We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Data protection law gives you a number of rights when it comes to personal information we hold about you. The key rights are set out below. More information about your rights can be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
1. Be informed in a clear, transparent and easily understandable way about how we use your personal information and about your rights; This is why we are providing you with the information in this privacy notice. If you require any further information about how we use your personal information, please let us know.
2. Request access to your personal information commonly known as a “data subject access request”; This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
3. Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you; This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
4. Request erasure of your personal information; This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it (for instance, we may need to continue using your personal data to comply with our legal obligations). You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
5. Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to us using your information on this basis and we do not have a compelling legitimate basis for doing so which overrides your rights, interests and freedoms (for instance, we may need it to defend a legal claim). You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
6. Request the restriction of processing of your personal information; This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
7. Request the transfer of your personal information to another party where you provided it to us and we are using it based on your consent, or to carry out a contract with you, and we process it using automated means.
8. Withdraw consent; In the limited circumstances where we are relying on your consent (as opposed to the other bases set out above) to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate interest in doing so.
9. Lodge a complaint. If you think that we are using your information in a way which breaches data protection law, you have the right to lodge a complaint with your national data protection supervisory authority (if you are in the UK, this will be the ICO). If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal information, withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact us via [email protected]
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Please consider your request responsibly before submitting it. We will respond to your request as soon as we can. Generally, this will be within one month from when we receive your request but, if the request is going to take longer to deal with, we will let you know.
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from I-Exchange Mining by following the instructions in those messages. Please note that if you opt out, we may still send you transactional or relationship messages, such as those about your I-Exchange Mining Account or our ongoing business relations.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after six months. For more information on our Cookies policy. (CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ON OUR COOKIES POLICY).